Spokeo, the leading people search engine, today announced a record-breaking year. The company experienced a 95% percent revenue growth increase between 2013 and 2015 and is projected to end 2015 with $78 million in revenue. Spokeo also increased its employee count to 200 and grew to 24,593 square feet of office space in its Pasadena headquarters.
This year, Spokeo reaffirmed its position as a leader in data technology by reaching significant technological milestones. In 2015, the company amassed 12 billion records, allowing it to have some of the most outstanding and robust data coverage in the global people search industry. Additionally, in October the company launched Spokeo Enterprise, its first business-to-business solution tailored to meet the needs of businesses and organizations in helping them find, validate and connect with individuals.
“We are thrilled with our progress this year as we near our 10th anniversary in 2016,” said Harrison Tang, chief executive officer and co-founder, Spokeo. “Spokeo grew across all major metrics including revenue, employee count, headquarters expansion and technological advances. We have best in breed talent and our customers continue to show strong demand for easy, direct access to people search information.”
Additionally, the company received several prestigious national and local awards:
• CEO Harrison Tang was named the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year for the Los Angeles region (consumer services category)
• Spokeo made the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 list of North America’s fastest growing technology companies
• For the third consecutive year Spokeo was named one of Los Angeles Business Journal’s Fastest Growing Private Companies
The company also excelled in its philanthropic efforts:
• Spokeo Search Angels – Spokeo held its third annual search and named three volunteers the 2015 Spokeo Search Angels. These women volunteer their time to helping adult adoptees find and reunite with their birth families
• Rails Girls LA – To increase the number of women in the tech industry, Spokeo hosted a two-day workshop educating women in software craftsmanship by providing a comfortable learning space and by making technology approachable
• Innovate Pasadena – Spokeo continues to sponsor this nonprofit, community-driven organization advancing Greater Pasadena as a center for technology and design. This October, the company was a sponsor for the annual Connect Week conference
Spokeo is a leading people search service using proprietary technology to organize public information into comprehensive yet easy-to-understand online profiles. Based in Pasadena, Spokeo makes it easier than ever to help reunite friends and family, browse celebrities, and discover information about your online footprint, by simply searching a name, address, email, phone or username. In the past year, the company launched two new websites: Spokeo Enterprise and Family.me. Spokeo Enterprise is a people search service optimized for high-volume business solutions and helps businesses find and/or validate people and customers. Family.me is a private social network where families interact to discover, share and preserve their memories.
Spokeo was recently named as one of the Inc. 5000, Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500 and Los Angeles Business Journal’s Fastest Growing Companies. Spokeo’s CEO Harrison Tang won the 2015 Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year Award in the Consumer Services category.
For more information about Spokeo, visit www.spokeo.com.